The cold nights are upon us and we’re all in need of something nutritious to warm us up. This is a delicious recipe suitable for all the family.
What You’ll Need
- White & Sweet potatoes
- White Onions
- Chicken Thighs
- Mixed Herbs & Spices
- Spinach Leaves
- Olive Oil
- Chop up 2 large white onion and 2 garlic cloves and add to a pot filled with 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Finely chop up 3 large white and 3 large sweet potatoes and add to the pot
- Dice up peeled carrots, parsnips and 1 leek and add in.
- Add a tablespoon of Fenugreek, Turmeric, Cumin, Oregano, Black Pepper and vegetable stock
- Leave for 5-10 minutes on low heat. Keep stirring the mixture as you go
- Bring to a simmer on a medium heat and add boiling water
- Place 6-8 chicken thighs (on the bone) under the veg and let cook on the stove for 10 minutes
- Add in a bag of spinach leaves, mix in, then place in the over at 150°C for 15 minutes
- Allow to cool for 15 mins with the lid off and then serve with salt and pepper to taste
If you’re interested in gut health, nutrition and overall well being, I would recommend listening to my podcast with Steve Grant. In this episode, Steve and I discuss the foundations of gut health and what you can do to ensure you’re as health as possible. This is not one to be missed if you’ve ever suffered from any type of gut issues in the past.
Like the recipe? Looking for others? You can find more meal ideas in the “Nutrition” section in my website. If you make the recipe yourself, feel free to upload it to Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #CKPT