It’s Friday night. It’s been a long week and you fancy a take away. Only problem is you’ve been put on a calorie controlled diet and your trainer is watching your every move. What do you do? Why not give this Chinese Chicken a try. With the handy macro nutrient calculator, you can alter your portion size so it fits in with your plan.
We all love a good take away, it’s an english tradition. However when looking to improve your body composition, you have to stick your plan 7 days a week, not just when it suits. This is why varying your meals, planning ahead and preparing things yourself is so important. By doing so, you get to feel like you’re not dieting whilst you are dieting. This is great for both adherence and longevity.
- Finely chop up 2 cloves of garlic, a thumb sized piece of ginger and 1 large onion
- Sweat down and then add 1 finely chopped green pepper
- Stir together and add 1 chicken stock cube and 1 tablespoon of Lea & Perrins
- When the vegetables have sweated down, add chopped pineapple and stir in
- Leave to cook for 5 minutes
- Add chicken thighs (skinless and boneless) and stir in to the mix
- Leave for 10 minutes on a low heat to cook
- Mix in cashews, sesame seeds, finely chopped red chilli and fresh coriander
- Season with salt to taste
- For the rice, I put roughly 100-150g of dry rice in a rice cooker and make a large amount
- The cooked rice can then be measured so it fits in with your plan
This meal can be used for someone on a fat loss plan OR someone on a muscle gaining plan. It all depends on the amount that you eat. So the recipe can be altered for different goals, I’ve designed a new feature on my recipes which is the macronutrient calculator.
Download the excel sheet and simply type in the amounts to find out how much protein, fats, carbs and calories are in your meal. This way you can individualise the meal for yourself. Unsure on how to use the sheet? Check out my YouTube Tutorial here.